With a slight slouch and textured ribbing, the Waffle Stitch Hat will keep you looking chic and nonchalant as you brave the cold.
To knit the pattern, you’ll need to know how to knit and purl. Not sure how to do that yet? Check out How to Knit and come back when you’re ready!
- for knitting flat:one pair of US 15/10mm knitting needles
- For knitting in the round: 16” circular needle size 10mm (US 15) and set of DPNs in the same size
- Use a needle size that gives you the gauge listed below – every knitter’s gauge is unique!
Gauge: 11 sts = 4”/10cm in textured rib pattern
- Flat Knitting: Adult Hat Circumference is 19” and Child Hat Circumference is 15.7″
- Circular Knitting: Adult Hat Circumference is 20.4” and Child Hat Circumference is 15.3″
Pattern Construction: this pattern includes written instructions for knitting the hat flat or in the round.
The video tutorial for this pattern is a little over 60 minutes of step-by-step instruction. It walks you through the entire pattern, from cast on to cast off.
It includes a demonstration on knitting the hat flat and seaming it together.
If you’re nervous you won’t understanding the pattern, the video will hold your hand through the whole knitting process.
This pattern includes access to a video tutorial that covers how to:
- cast on with the long tail cast on
- increase with M1-Ps and PTBL
- knit the textured pattern
- seam with the mattress stitch
- seam purl stitches together for an invisible finish
Watch the Video Tutorial
After purchasing the pattern, look to the first page of the pattern PDF. It will include a link to a super secret page where all the video tutorials are available to be streamed.
For Older Customers: If you purchased this pattern before June 18, 2019, your PDF pattern will include a password to access the video tutorials. Hold onto this password. In order to view the video tutorials now, use this link structure in your browser: https://sheepandstitch.com/patternpassword to access the video tutorials. For example, if the password is “cutie”, then enter https://sheepandstitch.com/cutie. New customers will not be affected by this change.
If you needle help, just email me at davina [at] sheepandstitch.com. This is part of an overhaul to the video viewing experience. I appreciate your patience!
Buy the Pattern
Don’t have the pattern? Buy the pattern right here and join the fun!
You’ll be purchasing a PDF file of the knitting pattern, which gives you access to the video tutorials.
Once your make your purchase, the PDF pattern will be emailed to you. The first page of the pattern includes the password and instructions for viewing the video tutorials.